Thursday, March 24, 2011

Survival

I have never heard so many Kentucky basketball fans stating their fears of playing the number one,  over all seed Ohio St.  Everwhere I go, on my radio show, Big Blue Nation seems to be afraid of another basketball team.  Is this the fan base that I know and sometimes love?  Where is your belief in Coach Cal, the players, and the joy of competition?

Could it be that the fans love their team so much, that they are afraid, not of Ohio St. but of just losing?  Of course Kentucky could get beat by a better team, of course the fans will be heart broken,  but what ever the outcome the fans should approach it with glee.  I think there is a chance that Kentucky gets beat Friday night but I also believe there is a real possiblity that they won't.  I personally relish the challenge to see one more great basketball game in which my team has a chance to survive and advance.  When it's all played out,  all glory is fleeting and it's always better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all.

Don't be afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment