Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tommorow night is the Eclipse Awards,  horseracing's highest honors.  I have thought long and hard about who I would vote for if I had a voter for Horse of the Year, and although either Blame and Zenyatta would be great choices,  it makes the choice that much harder.

The award is for Horse of the Year, not a life time achievment award.  That said, I don't think I have seen the excitement I saw for the great filly, Zenyatta.  Blame is a great champion and would be a deserving HOY,  but horseracing needs something extra right now, and that is Zenyatta.

I spoke to my friend, Hall of Fame Jockey, Chris McCarron this morning and he thinks that even though Zenyatta got beat in the Classic she still deserves to be horse of the year.

I live but a few miles from the great Claiborne farm and know they would love to have Blame win, but this is one time we have to vote with our heart and not our heads

Mikey Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment